Sunday, June 2, 2013

Neutral Smokey Eyes.. Perfect for First date or Clubbing

I'm back my loves been missing in action lately! :P

I have been loving my go-to smokey eyes lately and been receiving requests on a step by step tutorial how I do it.  I used affordable make up for this look. I am just not sure if Forever21 still has this eyeshadow quad available here in the Philippines. But you can definitely substitute this look using same shades of eyeshadows.

Let us get this going:

Product I used:
ELF Quad, NUYTX Jumbo pencil in Milk (available from Digital Traincase, Forever21 Quad Shadow (dupe for Naked1), Black eyeliner, liquid eyeliner, Saizen Quad, Saizen Falsies, Charm fluffy tapered brush, Suesh eyeshadow flat brush, Artist Studio pencil brush

Note: You have the option to do your eyes make up first before doing your foundation. This method will avoid eyeshadow fall-outs. Fall outs ruin make up!! But on my case, since I have been doing this almost everyday I did my foundation routine already beforehand.

1. Using NYX jumbo pencil in milk, prime your eyelids. This will make your eyeshadow pop and lasts longer. I use my ring finger in blending the product. The natural heat of the finger will melt and blend the product.


2. Using your flat eyeshadow brush, pat in Warm Brown eyeshadow all across your eyelid. Blend the harsh edges using your fluffy shadow brush.


3. To create dimension on your eyes, blend in Dark brown eyeshadow in the outer "V" of your eyes. Remember blend the harsh edges to create a gradient effect.


4. For a deeper smokey look, blend in your dark grey eyeshadow (closely black) to the outer "V" again of your eyes to make a deep set look.


5. Using a small flat eyeshadow brush, highlight your browbone and inner tearduct with a white shimmering eyeshadow.


6. Using the same small flat eyeshadow brush, line 3/4 of your lowerlashine using dark brown eyeshadow connect it with upper eyeshadow. This will balance the smokiness of your eye make up.


7. Apply liquid eyeliner (depending on your choice). Apply as close to your lashes. Line 3/4 of your waterline with black eyeliner. Blend it with the dark brown eyeshadow.

8. Curl your lashes and apply generous amount of mascara. (everyday look), OR you may go ahead and apply false lashes for a more dramatic look (perfect for clubbing).


9. Generally, you want your eyes to be the centre of your look, use any nude lipstick or baby pink. In my case, I am loving my Sophie Martin Lipstick in shade baby pale pink. The shade is so close to my natural lip color.


And here is my before and after photo for this make up tutorial


I hope you will find this tutorial very helpful. Please recreate this look and tag me in my instagram account or FB Fan page. I would love to see your beautiful creation.
Instagram: @aprilvida
FB: Beautylash01 by April Vida
xoxo, Beautylash01

No comments:

Post a Comment