Sunday, June 9, 2013

80's inspired eye make up

Hello Gorgeous Ladies!

It has been truly a great weekend for me. Chill, spent time with fam bam and my love. Nothing to do really, when I came across ASAP 18. They have showcased 80's music and dance-- and there came my inspiration for this make up look.

Vibrant and playful-- like a rainbow! Do not be afraid to combine colors. Always remember blending is the key.

In this tutorial, I have only used 1 palette. I purchased this online in a multiply site of Legally Vain. By the way, they also sell beautiful make up traincases and more palettes.

Below is my step by step tutorial in creating a fun and colorful eye make up. I am so sure this will remind you of a rainbow!

1. Always remember to prime your eyelids. This will prolong the staying power of your eyeshadow and will prevent from creasing especially if you have oily eyelids. In this look, I used my NYX JUmbo pencil in Milk. The whiteness and the consistency will make my eyeshadow pop more. The heat of your finger will make it more blendable.


2. Blend in your yellow eyeshadow. You may opt for a matte yellow. But this, I prefer a slightly shimmering eyeshadow as I would like to attract more light in photos. Blend it all across your eyelids up to the crease.


3. Blend in a bright pink in the outer half of your eyelids. Make sure you blend it well and will have a gradient transition from yellow to pink.


4. In your outer "V" blend in bright violet eyeshadow. This will emphasize the shape of your eyes. Also, this will create an illusion of a deep set eyes.


5. Using a thin and precise eyeshadow brush, blend in black eyeshadow to cut crease. Blend it well, this will contour a deep set eyes.


6. To make this eyeshadow more vibrant, using your round eyeshadow brush, blend in bright blue eyeshadow. (this color is very 80's) :) Apply it the out part of the eye. Blend, blend and blend my love!


7. Using your small eyes shadow brush, highlight your inner tearduct using a champagne eyeshadow color.


8. To balance the eye make up, blend in the same blue eyeshadow to the outer 3/4 of your lower lashline. Line your waterline with black eye pencil and blend it well. Line your eyelids with black eyeliner (very thinly) as close to your lashes. Curl your lashes and apply mascara. I put on some falsies baby for this look for a more dramatic effect.


And here is the finish look. I am so in love with this make up and I will definitely try it again for parties and girls night out.





Hope you enjoy this tutorial and may you find it helpful.
Follow me on:
Instagram: aprilvida
Facebook: Beautylash01 by April Vida

Have a great ahead and God Bless,
xoxo Beautylash01

No comments:

Post a Comment